Marketing & Brand Management
- Developed integrated marketing and action plans for a range of clients, resulting in cohesive targeted strategies/tactics and compounded increase in leads and conversions.
- Conceptualized and initiated development of new brand architecture, visual identity, and core messaging, improving quality and consistency of program materials and strengthening brand visibility with internal and external constituents.
- Served on marketing advisory board, guiding the development and implementation of university-level marketing campaigns.
- Developed creative promotional strategies for a number of clients aimed at broad range of audiences, including current members/students; prospects and influencers; donors; staff; corporate and foundation executives; alumni; and state legislators and officials.
- Identified and directly targeted emerging markets with multi-media (broadcast, digital, and print) campaigns, enhancing brand awareness and markedly increasing inquiries and registrations.
- Initiated social networking strategy and led digital marketing team, overseeing organization’s social media presence and actively bolstering content to generate and engage fans and followers.
- Incorporated brand/message into all marketing pieces, ensuring the highest level of quality and brand integrity on all collateral produced.
- Monitored and evaluated campaign response data that led to refinement of future marketing strategies and a greater return on investment.
Writing and Public Relations Experience
- Planned, wrote, edited, and oversaw production of a variety of media, including news articles, letters, newsletters, recruitment materials, alumni magazines, program guides, direct mail, websites, posters, displays, digital signage, advertisements, and video.
- Coordinated media relations for four major markets and built collaborative relationships with local reporters and news producers.
- Generated earned media through press materials, media events and relationships with reporters
- Developed pitches and wrote articles in a continuing effort to obtain maximum media coverage, including press kits, media alerts, press releases, feature articles, and guest editorials for newspapers, broadcast media, and blogs.
- Tracked earned media, maintaining clip sheets of articles and broadcast media stories.
- Drafted media talking pionts and quotes, prepped content experts (adults and youth) for interviews, and served as official spokesperson.
- Prepared speeches and designed presentations for senior leadership.
- Developed and maintained crisis communications plan and communicated with media in crisis situations.
Leadership and Interpersonal Communications Experience
- Led creative team through print, web, and multi-media project development, from conception and design to production and distribution, consistently meeting and exceeding client expectations.
- Consulted with project leads, creative staff, and clients to determine creative direction, production timelines, and appropriate budgets, and delivered materials within those parameters.
- Managed and directed a creative team of eight, full-time professionals.
- Made recommendations for staff concerning hiring, salary changes, promotions, transfers and terminations.
- Developed and managed budgets, and efficiently aligned resources with strategic initiatives.
- Cultivated productive, collaborative relationships with internal and external constituent groups, maintaining regular communication with key contacts to anticipate needs.
- Executed ongoing communications support for multiple clients, resulting in consistent and coherent messaging.
- Promoted diversity and pluralism and incorporated into the work of the council.
Technical and Creative Experience
- Assisted in the creation and maintenance of universally accessible websites, successfully attracting prospects and maintaining favorable relationships with the existing community.
- Wrote and distributed requests for proposals, bid specifications, and managed contracts and worked directly with outside vendors, including designers, photographers, videographers, printers, and mailing centers, to facilitate quality, cost-effective production and distribution of materials.
- Proficient knowledge of layout and design techniques as well as a strong sense of design and creativity that enhances my ability to build clear messages and effective, successful campaigns.
- Built communications infrastructure in SharePoint 3.0 that captured project, budget, and bid documentation and encouraged project collaboration between team members.
- Possessed a high level of skill with the industry standard print, web, and new media technologies/software—Adobe Creative Cloud and AEM; Microsoft Office and SharePoint Services; XML; HTML; CSS; Google Analytics; Smarterqueue; Sprout Social; JotForm
- Photography need to expand this.