Marketing & Brand Management
- • Developed integrated marketing and action plans for a range of clients, resulting in cohesive targeted strategies/tactics and compounded increase in leads and conversions.
- • Conceptualized and initiated development of new brand architecture, visual identity, and core messaging, improving quality and consistency of program materials and strengthening brand visibility with internal and external constituents.
- • Served on marketing advisory board, guiding the development and implementation of university-level marketing campaigns.
- • Developed creative promotional strategies for a number of clients aimed at broad range of audiences, including current members/students; prospects and influencers; donors; staff; corporate and foundation executives; alumni; and state legislators and officials.
- • Identified and directly targeted emerging markets with multi-media (broadcast, digital, and print) campaigns, enhancing brand awareness and markedly increasing inquiries and registrations.
- • Initiated social networking strategy and led digital marketing team, overseeing organization’s social media presence and actively bolstering content to generate and engage fans and followers.
- • Developed paid digital media strategy to generate and maximize qualified leads, utilizing custom landing pages and email drip campaigns to nurture leads through the sales funnel.
- • Monitored and evaluated campaign response data that led to refinement of future marketing strategies and a greater return on investment.
- • Fully supported comprehensive annual fund communications plan that included special events, cases for support, annual report, and all donor communications.
Writing and Public Relations Experience
- • Planned, wrote, edited, and oversaw production of a variety of media, including news articles, letters, newsletters, recruitment materials, alumni magazines, program guides, direct mail, websites, posters, displays, digital signage, advertisements, and video.
- • Coordinated media relations for several major markets and built collaborative relationships with local reporters and news producers.
- • Generated earned media through press materials, media events, and relationships with reporters
- • Developed pitches and wrote articles in a continuing effort to obtain maximum media coverage, including press kits, media alerts, press releases, feature articles, and guest editorials for newspapers, broadcast media, and blogs.
- • Tracked earned media, maintaining clip sheets of articles and broadcast media stories.
- • Drafted media talking points and quotes, prepped content experts (adults and youth) for interviews, and served as official spokesperson.
- • Prepared scripts and designed presentations for senior leadership.
- • Developed and maintained crisis communications plan and communicated with media in crisis situations.
Leadership and Interpersonal Communications Experience
- • Led creative team through print, web, and multi-media project development, from conception and design to production and distribution, consistently meeting and exceeding client expectations.
- • Consulted with project leads, creative staff, and clients to determine creative direction, production timelines, and appropriate budgets, and delivered materials within those parameters.
- • Managed and directed a creative team of eight, full-time professionals.
- • Made recommendations for staff concerning hiring, salary changes, promotions, transfers and terminations.
- • Developed and managed budgets, and efficiently aligned resources with strategic initiatives.
- • Cultivated productive, collaborative relationships with internal and external constituent groups, maintaining regular communication with key contacts to anticipate needs.
- • Executed ongoing communications support for multiple clients, resulting in consistent and coherent messaging.
Technical and Creative Experience
- • Assisted in the creation and maintenance of universally accessible websites using content marketing and SEO best practices, successfully increasing organic traffic, attracting prospects, and maintaining favorable relationships with the existing community.
- • Wrote and distributed requests for proposals, bid specifications, and managed contracts and worked directly with outside vendors, including designers, photographers, videographers, printers, and mailing centers, to facilitate quality, cost-effective production and distribution of materials.
- • Proficient knowledge of layout and design techniques as well as a strong sense of design and creativity that enhances my ability to build clear messages and effective, successful campaigns.
- • Built communications infrastructure in SharePoint 3.0 that captured project, budget, and bid documentation and encouraged project collaboration between team members.
- • Possessed a high level of skill with the industry standard print, web, and new media technologies/software—Adobe Creative Cloud and AEM; Microsoft Office and SharePoint Services; XML; HTML; CSS; Google Analytics; Sprout Social; JotForm; FormStack
- • Photographed and edited high quality images for both print and internet distribution using Canon 80D DSLR; planned, generated shot list, and directed professional photo shoots.
- • Wrote scripts, prepared and directed talent, recorded voice overs, and edited/produced videos for digital distribution using Adobe Premiere Pro and Animate.